You all know how visual content marketing can be a challenging aspect of any social media or content marketing campaign. Today we shall discuss how to use virtual content to inspire and engage your audience.
Statistics show that social media contents are 63% visuals and nearly 54% of internet users upload videos and photos daily. Whatever social media platform you use, content with visuals gets 94% more views than content without.
Tweets and Facebook post with images get more engagement that those without it. This clearly shows the power of visuals in any content marketing strategy, and you should consider using it to attract more leads.
Before you dive into social media and producing visuals content marketing to get leads, you have to research your audience, know who they are, what kind of content they share and read, your competition before you dive in.
Researching your audience and knowing the right kind of visuals to use to get them is paramount.
Today, we will discuss how to find, create and use visual content to attract the right leads and increase engagement.
Where to find free images for your visuals, how to design stunning social media images and tools to use.
So Why Consider And Use Visual Content Marketing?
You should consider it in the case of posting personal photos of you or your team or just behind the scene photos ignites your viewers. They would like to know what happens behind the screen while you are at work. Sometimes it could be you and your team having fun or just hanging out.
Have a Purpose
All of your images you share should have a purpose. Do not share pictures sporadically. Think through about how you wish to share this content but also what value it is bringing to your fans and targeted audience and consider including a clear call to action.
Sharing promotional images that concern your business in one way or the other. Note that even if they are promotional, i.e., webinar invitation or pictures of your new ebook, that they provide or will provide value to your audience. You do not want to look spammy and drive your audience away hence limiting it and sticking to value all the time.
Note that there are three things that consumers have in mind before they buy and the reasons are:
- To satisfy their basic necessity,
- To Solve a problem or a situation,
- To better themselves or style of living.
Have this in mind when creating your visuals that will attract your potential customers. Some examples of visual content which you can create include;
How To Improve Your Visual Content Marketing
Marketing using videos is becoming more popular as our society loves visuals and digest it easily compared to the other forms of marketing. Video marketing is an excellent way to pass across a message to your targeted audience. It could be live video on platforms like Periscope, Youtube, Facebook, Snapchat and recently on Instagram.
- Do you know that people spend three times longer watching live streaming as compared to recorded videos? There is a 75% increase in the number of videos posted, and videos get 135% organic reach compared to other forms of content. If you are not using videos or live streaming to get your content out to your audience, consider working on your content strategy.
- Make sure you research your target market and find out which platforms they use so you can tweak your live videos to reach them. You can also do recorded videos; what matters is the information you wish to convey and the manner in which you do it. Using videos can help.
- Show off your products and explain how they work or give illustrations on how to use them,
- Bring testimonials from customers who are using them and are satisfied with the results,
- Promote your brand through constant value added services to your audience like giving solutions to the problems they encounter. For example a live demo about an anti age cream you sell and how it significantly reduces fine lines with regular usage.
Infographics are another aspect of visual content and are perfect for visual appeal. Because illustrations on infographics are easy to understand, they help build your brand awareness amongst your targeted audience.
- They also assist in increasing your SEO since infographics are easily digested and shared on social media hence increasing traffic on your website.
- Increasing targeted traffic to your site also increases the possibilities of acquiring more subscribers hence increasing your email list.
- Infographics also help portray you as a leader in your niche. The fact that you can put so much information into a simple infographic that is easy to understand makes you stand out from the crowd.
- They are also easy to track and analyze. Whenever someone clicks, views or shares your infographics, you can quickly analyze that and get a broader inside of your customers which can further help in your marketing campaigns.
- They are also portable and easy to embed and understand by people not speaking the same language as you. The simple illustrations and signs pave a way for you reaching a broader market.
More and more marketers are using slideshows as a means to promote their brand using visual content. Slideshows are an effective way to grab attention with well-designed slides and appeal your readers with “how to” guides concerning your business and its offers.
Do you have a Linkedin account?
Consider creating one because slideshows are predominant on Linkedin as a means to promote your content using visuals. Adding a slideshow to your Linkedin profile helps you stand out from the rest while using the power of visual content to attracts more people.
You can also share them to your other social media platforms like Facebook, Youtube, and Instagram. Note that, sharing information about your company or “how to” videos using slideshow can also serve as a blog content for your website or a video you can upload to YouTube or Facebook too.
Statistics show that people are attracted, read and share content that has great pictures or photos. Most people remember just 10% of the information they perceive as compared to 65% of the same information with great pictures.
Due to the saturation of visual content marketing, people have a shorter concentration span; hence you want to use eye-catching images or pictures to get their attention. Consider some fundamentals of creating a stunning image like:
- Picture size depending on the social network you are using. Each platform has different specifications and dimensions, and you can check that out here.
- Consider your fonts depending on your brand and how you want to be perceived. Different colors have different meanings. Check out how to get the right color palettes for your brand here.
- Several websites provide you with free stock images which you can edit according to your needs. Some are free while some are not. Get free images from sites like Pixabey, Unsplash, Stockfreeimages, Imagesource, Pexels, iStockphotos, Freedigitalphotos, Kaboompics and much more.
Image creation can be frustrating especially with the price tag that comes with it. You have to consider fonts, colors, and design elements. It can be time-consuming to create an image that stands out on social media.Check out some free tools you can use together with images obtained above to design your brand.
To conclude, visual content marketing is not only catchy and grabs attention, but also helps your content go viral and get more exposure. It brings quality inbound links to your site and increases traffic too.
You would also realize a considerable increase in followers and subscribers. I cannot stress how efficient Visual content marketing is both to your marketing strategy and getting to your audience.
Image creation can be frustrating especially with the price tag that comes with it. You have to consider fonts, colors, and design elements. It can be time-consuming to create an image that stands out on social media. In case you are in need of help, my team is ready to assist you in your visual content marketing strategies.
Thanks for reading and as always, I am happy to read your comments and suggestions.